Part-time Parking Lot Attendant
The Wisconsin Center District seeks part-time Parking Lot Attendants to interact with our parking lot customers, collect payment, vouchers and parking stubs, provide directions and assistance to visitors, and perform limited security and traffic control. Our Parking Lot Attendants are among WCD’s most visible public representatives and are expected to be knowledgeable, courteous and professional at all times in work with colleagues as well as event planners, participants and attendees. WCD Parking Lot Attendants report to the Public Safety Department and are entrusted to handle cash, prepare reports documenting activities, time, equipment and supplies, enforce WCD and PSD procedures, conduct patrols and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants must be citizens or legal residents of the United States and have a high school diploma or equivalent, and must be able to:
- report for work on time when scheduled;
- speak, write, read and understand English;
- perform simple arithmetic;
- comprehend and follow instructions;
- deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests, employees and contractors;
- operate two-way radios and digital video recording equipment as well as computers, phones and other office equipment;
- tolerate environments that may at times be hot, cold, bright, dark, dirty or noisy;
- accommodate rotating shifts, irregular and extended hours and emergency call-ins
- walk and stand for extended periods;
- meet other basic physical requirements.
We seek people who can work independently and efficiently, exercise initiative and good judgment, deal with hostile or angry patrons, and accept responsibility for their own actions.
Candidates offered a position must be United States citizens or legal resident aliens, and successfully complete a criminal background check and a physical exam including a drug screening. The Wisconsin Center District is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here.
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.