Part-time Parking Lot Attendant
Position Overview: Provide Public Safety Parking Lot Services for Wisconsin Center District. Be knowledgeable in all procedures, all building policies, and internal working and functional units of the Wisconsin Center District. Parking Lot Attendants are among the Wisconsin Center District’s most visible public representatives and are expected to be knowledgeable, courteous, and professional at all times in work with colleagues as well as event planners, participants and attendees.
- Performs a variety of tasks, such as preparing reports documenting activities, time, equipment, and supplies, and schedule PSD staff to preform functions of the department
- Responsible for handling cash and/or credit card transactions
- Operate two-way radios as well as computers, phones and other office equipment
- Greet and provide event detail, directions, and general information to WCD guests and visitors
- Enforce all WCD and PSD procedures and continually strive to improve said procedures
- Accommodate rotating shifts, irregular and extended hours, and emergency call-ins
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct lot patrolling and oversee the on goings of the parking lot
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact cordially with WCD guests, employees, and outside contractors
- Ability to work without constant direction supervision; work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgement and accept responsibilities for own actions
- Must be able to spend most of the day walking or standing for extended hours and tolerate environments that may at times be hot, cold, bright, dark, dirty or noisy
- Attend work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy
- Organized, accurate, and detailed oriented
- Available to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours strongly preferred
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a venue, hospitality, or high volume customer service industry
- Bilingual a plus
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Part-Time
Travel Required: N/A
Reports to: Director of Public Safety
Department: Public Safety
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Candidates offered a position must be United States citizens or legal resident aliens, and successfully complete a criminal background check and a physical exam including a drug screening. The Wisconsin Center District is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here.
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.