Part-time Team Store Sales Associate
The primary responsibilities of the Cashier/Sales Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service, uphold our Mission and Core Values, generate sales, merchandise product, and support the store management team. Cashier/Sales Associates are essential in delivering the best customer shopping experience possible.
Reports To: Store Manager, Assistant Manager
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customer’s needs and provide assistance and information on product features, “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned to areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Cross sell products
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
- Participate in processing new shipments. Help the team keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized
- Notice and respond to safety issues
- Be conscious of shoplifting activity. Know how to respond to shoplifters
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures and policies
- Tactfully and pleasantly deal with customers
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all cash at registers
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by store management
- Sales and/or marketing experience in retail environment, establishing relationships and working with customers
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift, move and handle up to 60 pounds frequently to stock merchandise as well as load/unload customer orders
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to bend, reach, lift and climb
- Normal range of hearing: perceiving sounds, including spoken words, in order to understand signals such as spoken directions, warning alarms, assess conditions and/or become aware of conditions in the work environment
Environmental/Working Condition of Position:
- Inside and outside workplace environment
- Exposure to cold, heat and humidity
- Work in cramped spaces
- Point of Sales System (POS System)
- Various office equipment: fax machines, copiers, computers and other equipment as directed by WCD Management
- Must be bondable
- Ability to use Microsoft office programs and other software
Knowledge and Skills Required for Position:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests and employees
- Ability to deal with hostile and angry patrons in tense situations
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions
Candidates must be United States citizens or legal resident aliens of the United States. Those offered a position must submit to a criminal background check and a physical exam including a drug screening. The Wisconsin Center District is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here.
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.