JOB – Part-time Box Office Representative
Position Overview: Box Office Representatives are the “first face” to patrons entering our buildings. Representatives sell admission tickets to patrons using computer ticketing software. A seller handles cash and card transactions and receipts. They must balance their drawer accurately against reports and maintain appropriate levels of cash necessary to sell.
- Create an exceptional experience for guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a variety of different situations
- Work expediently to ensure that patrons are served in a timely manner
- Provide event and general theatre information
- Sell tickets at the box office window utilizing box office software, accept payments, process transactions, make correct change
- Answer telephone in a professional manner
- Keep box office area clean and clutter free
- Responsible for cash balance at the end of shift
- Follow all procedures for box office operations
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work hours may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures, and directions
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions
- Ability to learn ticketing software
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests, employees, and outside contractors
- Ability to deal with challenging and/or upset patrons in tense situations
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgement
- Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours strongly preferred
- Experience cash handling strongly preferred
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a venue, hospitality, or high-volume customer service industry
- Experience in working with concerts, sporting events and teams is a plus
- Experience with Ticketmaster programs (Host, WPS, etc.) valued
- Bilingual a plus
Position Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Travel Required: N/A
Reports to: Box Office Manager, Assistant Manager, and Supervisor
Department: Box Office
Compensation: $12.00 per hour
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States.
To apply, open and complete the Wisconsin Center District Job Application.
Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat.
This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here.
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Deadline to apply for this position is Friday 7/30/18 at 4pm CST