Floor Supervisor (Part-Time)
Special Service Manager or other designated supervisory staff.
Supervise Guest Services employees in accordance with instructions for, traffic control, ticket taking, and ushering and light housekeeping.
- Supervise and conduct guest service staff training.
- Preparation of various reports.
- Serve as liaison between Event Management and WCD staff as necessary.
- Provide directions and assistance to Wisconsin Center District guests, clients, and visitors.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to make decisions, follow instructions and orders, and guide and direct Special Services Staff, to include time sensitive scheduling and duty position posting.xcellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience, understanding, and commitment to customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMAND OF POSITION:
- Ability to lift, carry, and push/pull: 20-40 lbs.; on occasion: 40 lbs. or more.
- Able to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit and stoop repetitively for long periods of time.
- Reach, feel, talk and hear.
- Far vision at 20 feet or further, and near vision at 12 inches or less, corrected or uncorrected.
- Handle, grasp and finger with high degree of acuity and speed.
- Normal range of hearing: perceiving sounds, including spoken wor4d, in order to understand signals such as spoken directions, warning alarms assess conditions and/or become aware of conditions in the work environment.
- Ability to distinguish between colors.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS OF POSITION:
- Inside and outside workplace environment.
- Exposure to cold, heat and humidity.
- Work in cramped spaces.
- Two-way radios, pagers and various communication devices.
- Various office equipment.
- Windows PCs with Microsoft Office; emphasis on Word and Excel.
Three plus years of hands on experience in progressively more responsible supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center guests, clients and employees.
- Ability to deal with hostile or angry patrons in tense situations.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions.
CITIZENSHIP AND RESIDENCY:
The Wisconsin Center District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. Employees must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. Candidates offfered a postion must submit to a criminal background check and a drug screening. This recruitment is open until positions are filled.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application
*Online PDF forms are not supported by most Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers; this form functions in Chrome, Internet Explorer & Safari.
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203