Box Office Cashier
Box Office Manager/Assistant Box Office Manager
Assists Box Office Management in all phases of box office operations. Responsible for balancing and reconciling box office receipts for all Wisconsin Center District events.
- Sell tickets and reconcile ticket sale income for Wisconsin Center District events.
- Break down, check in and count all tickets and cosign to event promoter.
- Maintain appropriate level of cash and change for events at Wisconsin Center District.
- Provide information for and coordinate box office activities with event promoters.
- Interact with WCD customers, provide directions, information & assistance, handle customer complaints.
- Operate office equipment, computers and Ticketmaster computers.
- Predictable and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION:
- Stand, walk, sit and stoop.
- Reach, feel, talk and hear.
- Normal range of hearing: perceiving sounds, including spoken words, in order to understand signals such as spoken directions, warning alarms, assess conditions and/or become aware of conditions in the work environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITION OF POSITION:
- Inside and outside workplace environment.
- Exposure to cold, heat and humidity.
- Work in cramped spaces.
- Computerized ticketing systems.
- Various office equipment; Fax machines, Copiers, Computers and other equipment as directed by WCD Management.
- WCD issued portable two-way radios and Ticketmaster scanners.
- Training in accounting, business and bookkeeping is desirable.
- Must be bondable.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other software.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests and employees.
- Ability to deal with hostile or angry patrons in tense situations.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions.
- Experience with Ticketmaster Host, Archtics and FanUser, AUTOCAD, and Microsoft Office programs desired.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application
*Online PDF forms are not supported by most Firefox or Microsoft Edge browsers; this form functions in Chrome, Internet Explorer & Safari.
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Remains open until all positions are filled.
Applicants must be United States citizens or legal resident aliens of the United States. Candidates offered a position must successfully complete a criminal background check and a physical exam including a drug screening. The Wisconsin Center District is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.